The Italian Club promotes the appreciation and understanding of Italian language, culture and literature at Dartmouth College. It sponsors weekly gatherings open to all students with conversation, music and refreshments.
Twice a week you can improve your spoken Italian joining the "Italian table", our lunch time together.
Every term we host the well-known
- Cooking Night, to learn how to cook traditional yummy Italian dishes
- Skit Night, to have fun with skits in Italian (featuring all the Italian students of the term!)
- Movie Series, to discover the art of Italian cinema!
Special events this year included:
- Dante's Divine Comedy, Reading with Piano - a journey through selected "canti" across Hell, Purgatory and Heaven.
- European Night Party, featuring the Spanish, German and French Club - a night of traditional food, trivia with prizes, music and a lot of fun people!
- Under the Hood, Discovering the Italian and French collections - a beautiful ramble through European art masterpieces.
Italian Advisor 2011-2012: Francesca Guerrera, from Collegio di Milano, Italy
Officers 2011-2012 President: Giulia Siccardo, '12
Treasurer: Adriana Flores, '13
Italian Club Events - SPRING 2012
Wed., April 4th | 8-11pm | One Wheelock | EUROPEAN NIGHT PARTY
Wed., April 11th | 7pm | MOVIE "Quando sei nato non puoi piu' nasconderti"
Wed., April 18th | 7pm | Hitchcock Lounge | PROSE AND POETRY READING
Wed., April 25th | 7pm | Hood Museum | "UNDER THE HOOD" - Discovering the Italian and French collections
Wed., May 2nd | 7pm | MOVIE "Lezioni di cioccolata"
Sun., May 6th | 4pm | Brace Commons | SKIT NIGHT
Wed., May 16th | 7pm | MOVIE "C'era una volta in America"
Wed., May 23rd | 7pm | Brace Commons | COOKING NIGHT: I piatti dell'estate!